Tuesday, April 24, 2012

An old story I found

I took a short story class at one point in college, and this was unfortunately the semester that began in September of 2001.  It was a fine class, but the entire semester was... difficult.  The campus had a certain depressed air about it that I suspect is particularly familiar to many Americans old enough to remember that day.

This class pretty much dropped the syllabus and the professor basically just tailored the entire semester around analyzing our feelings regarding the 9/11 terror attacks.  I wrote this story, "What If Captain America Was Dead?" as one of the assignments in the class.  I don't really remember too much more of the context about it, other than it just came out of me very naturally.  The professor loved it and printed copies of it for his other classes.  I recall not feeling like the story was really all that great, and reading it now it seems almost kind of trite.

Is it any good, or am I just hating on my own work like I usually do?

Anyway, "What If Captain America Was Dead?" can be downloaded on PDF from this link or click on over to the Downloads page.

Current Soundtrack
'Skull & Bones' by Cypress Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment