Saturday, February 4, 2012

In my head, the conversation continues

If you, perhaps, don't know... I love movies.  It's commonplace for me to walk down to the very excellent Somerville Theatre on a Saturday afternoon and catch a matinee.

Today I caught a cool flick called "Chronicle."  And as commonplace as it is for me to see movies, it's just as common for me to think about the things I'll be writing in my head.  Today, for example, as I was walking back from the theatre I was going over what I was going to write for my review of "Chronicle."  It doesn't usually strike me in the midst of these thoughts what I'm doing, but today for some reason it did.

Today I noticed what I was thinking, which is kind of a weird sensation to describe.  But, y'know, I didn't stop.  I just kept going with it.  If I'd had some kind of photographic memory, maybe I'd have simply come home and regurgitated those exact thoughts into my keyboard.  Instead, I came home and just wrote what I could remember and filled out the rest.

One thing I can admit, though, is that this is not the only circumstance where I do this.  I'm constantly going over conversations in my head, continuing on in different directions or trying out different combinations of lines as though the discussions I'm having are me writing dialogue.  If that strikes you as a little neurotic, I won't blame you.  It sort of reminds me of that 'Seinfeld' episode where George is obsessed with crafting the perfect comeback ("Oh yeah, well the Jerk Store called, they're runnin' outta YOU!").

So if you see me walking down the street, lost in my own world and perhaps even muttering to myself... don't be too afraid.

I'm harmless.

...I swear.

Current Soundtrack:
"Need for Speed: The Run" by Brian Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment